Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Flickr Frolic Fridays

I was so excited for the long weekend that I completely forgot to post my Flickr Frolic Friday post!

So, even though it's Monday, here are my three random Flickr photos.


Paul and I have just recently started doing stir-fry at home and it's been turning out pretty great. 

While we were at the grocery store shopping for ingredients for Paul's first attempt at doing stir-fry, I asked my Twitter friends what the best noodle to use in stir-fry was and the amazing Eleanor (aka wokstar) recommended using soba noodles. 

I've had soba noodles in restaurants before but had never made them at home. They're extremely easy to make and work really well in stir-fry dishes. We now keep an extra package of these noodles in our pantry in case we ever want to make a quick noodle dish for lunch or dinner.


I have quite a sweet tooth and am inordinately fond of chocolate, but I can generally keep my chocoholic obsession to a minimum. 

However, last Christmas, I saw Purdy's Chocolate tweet about their Eggnog Truffles, I knew I had to try them. 

These chocolates are definitely going to be something I look forward to every holiday season (along with the Starbuck's Eggnog Latte and McDonald's Eggnog Milkshake). The chocolate isn't too sweet, but acts as a nice background to the creamy centre. The eggnog cream is rich, has an intense eggnog taste and is very indulgent.


Bouchon Bakery. This one is located right outside the elevator banks in the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas where Paul and I stayed during our first trip to Vegas and we had breakfast here every day.

Everything at this bakery is amazing. The huge macarons actually made me squeal in happiness (they're the size of my palm!) I tried to order a new pastry each day, but it's so hard not to stick to their pain au chocolat (chocolate croissants), macarons and cheese danishes (heavenly!)

We tell everyone about this place and most of our friends and family go at least once whenever they're in Vegas now because of us! LOL. During our last trip we didn't even stay at the Venetian but still ended up walking over to grab a quick treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!