Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

linguine with shrimp for two

Paul and I love pasta - it's affordable and can be made in so many ways, but we almost always stick to the basic pasta and tomato sauce combination, which is fine (especially since Paul makes a great classic tomato sauce) but once in a while we like to try something new.


I saw this recipe on Kraft Canada but I didn't have some of the ingredients they called for so I adapted it to use the things I did have ready in my fridge instead of making a trip to the grocery store.

It turned out really well and is definitely something we'll be doing more often. This recipe is super easy and quick and perfect for beginner cooks (like me) who want to do something a little more fancy than the usual pasta and tomato sauce.

Plus, this recipe is perfect for two people. One of my pet peeves is that almost all the recipes I find and want to try serve a huge amount of people, which is such a waste. I know that I can adapt any recipe down to two servings, but once in a while, it's just nice to see something that's made with a couple in mind.  :)



linguine with shrimp for two
source: adapted from kraftcanada.com
printer-friendly version

ingredients:

120 g linguine, uncooked
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound (225 g) uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 a red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
2 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
3/4 cup pasta sauce
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon butter

directions:

Cook linguine as directed on package.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and red peppers and cook until the shrimp turn pink (approximately 3 to 5 minutes).


Turn the heat of the skillet down to low and add the pasta sauce and bacon. Mix all the ingredients in the skillet together. Add the milk and butter. Heat everything on low for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Drain the linguine and add to the ingredients in the skillet, tossing the noodles to make sure they're evenly coated.

yields: 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!