Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

3 peppercorn steak

The next Summer Fresh sauce we tried...well, we didn't exactly cook with it. You see, the Summer Fresh 3 Peppercorn sauce was the first one I pulled out of the box when it arrived and right away, Paul and I looked at each other and said "Steak!"


Yes, as you know, we're both big beef lovers, so there was no question about how we were going to use this sauce. I know, this "recipe" (if you can even call it that) is pretty simple compared to what we've done with the others, but it's one that we were both excited about and really illustrates just how easy these Summer Fresh sauces are.



So, there's no real recipe to this...just some really simple steps:

  1. Place your steak on your BBQ and start grilling, leaving it on one side (no flipping!) (I don't care if it's the middle of winter - at our household, the grill is in operation all year round!)
  2. When the steak is about halfway done to your preferred "doneness", flip it over and spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of Summer Fresh 3 Peppercorn sauce on top of each steak (obviously, no more flipping after the sauce is on!
  3. Once your steaks are done, remove, plate and enjoy!

One of the reasons that we didn't coat the steak in the sauce beforehand was that it's quite runny and we didn't want it drizzling right off the stead...maybe next time we'll trying thickening it up by pre-cooking the sauce.


In any case, Paul and I really enjoyed our steak. I mean, we always enjoy our steaks, but the 3 Peppercorn sauce really added a rich flavour to it and we are definitely going to be using it again and again!

Paul has already decided that this is his favourite of the 5 Summer Fresh sauces, so it will definitely be a staple in our fridge, especially during the summer months when we grill almost every other day!


Disclosure: I was provided with samples of Summer Fresh sauces so I could develop this recipe. However, all opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Loblaws had a 'buy any meat, receive Summer Fresh sauce for free' deal so I picked up this peppercorn one. I'm excited to try it now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!